Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mixbook Review!


                                                                       Cover

I recently received the opportunity to create my own photo scrapbook with Mixbook!
Read to the end, you won't regret it!

                                                            A page where I "Did my own thing"

Mixbook.com offers a unique opportunity to create photo books online. It's exactly like scrapbooking, but with a digital touch!

After creating a log in and password, Mixbook Users can jump right in with creating.  They have several options available.

                             Preset Page- I just changed the wording a bit and added a sticker in the middle

For those individuals that have never created a scrapbook before, or just lack the time to devote to creating on your own, Mixbook offers several styles of photo books already created! All you have to do is add your photos!

Those people that have scrap booked or might just want a little bit more of a personal touch, you can also start your mixbook from scratch!

I chose to start with a pre-made book, but then added my own personal touches by changing picture sizes, adding pictures, borders and tags, all provided for free by the site! I made a book celebrating my recent wedding, but they have general/lifestyle, baby, vacation themes and more!

                                                   Preset Page with Larger Photo option!

If you have chosen a theme/pre made book, you'll receive not only "reccommended stickers and tags" that go with the theme, but access to the all of the other sites tags and decorations as well!

I really liked that the site offered ideas, particularly because I had no idea where to start! There are lots of book sizes and options available as well! In exchange for this review, I received a 20 page soft cover book, you'll see the pictures of it throughout this post. The quality of this book is great! It is a sturdy, glossy style photo book and all of my picture choices came across very well!  Other choices are available such as hardcover books, books with more photo options and books with more pages!
                                                             Last Page, With Changed Text
Some of my other favorite aspects about mixbook:
  • They warn you when a photo you have chosen may not print properly. (Some of my photos said this and printed fine, others were a tad grainy/blurry but not enough to bother me)
  • If you chose to change a photo so that it prints correctly, you can add stickers, borders and more to "fill that empty space"
  • My wedding photobook theme included quotes! It saved so much time and effort not having to go look up love quotes to add to the book! And if I didn't like one or felt it wasn't the exact fit for my husband an I, I could easily go in and change it.
  • Even though it took me some time to get used to how to edit and change things, once I got the hang of the website, it was very user friendly, and had lots of support available! The site even offers Live Chat help available during business hours! 
Mixbook has a Facebook Page and can be followed on Twitter! Go Like Them!

Finally, Mixbook has given my readers a chance to create their own digital scrapbook using their site!
I only ask that you follow my blog in order to take advantage of using the coupon! :)


20% off discount code: TOMOSON20



No expiration date, but it can only be used once per customer.

                                                                        Back Cover
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

2 comments:

Our Journey towards Making a Family

Long Version : Our Journey Blog Post
Go here to learn about how we got our start..and where we are now!

Short Version:
11-28-2008- Started Dating

2-14-2010- Got Engaged :)

4-3-2010- First Positive Test- Baby 1 due 12/10/10

5-1-2010- Miscarriage at 8wks2days

12-10-2010- Estimated Due Date for Baby 1

5-5-2011- Second Positive Test- Baby 2 due 1-12-12
5-7-2011- We are Married!! :)
5-14-2011- Miscarriage at 5wks2days

6-16-2011- Repeated Pregnancy Loss blood work
6-23-2011- HSG looks good!
6-23-2011- dx positive ANA- Anti Nuclear Antibodies

07-05-2011- Rheumatologist Appointment
7-11-2011- dx Low Vitamin D levels. Start Prescription Vitamin D and baby aspirin

09/2011- Officially No Longer Preventing

10/5/11-First cycle Actively Trying. AF shows up

11/21/11-Celiac Bloodwork Negative, Vit D still lower than normal, start another prescription. Continue prenatals with Vit. D as well

01-12-12-Estimated Due Date for Baby 2
01/12-Vit D in normal range, start over the counter Daily Calcium with Vit D supplement per Rhuematologist.

2/15/12-Appt with new Ob who is more proactive with Progesterone Testing-suspects progesterone issues.

2/15/12- 5/9/12-Stop trying and start new charting method (Creighton) to watch for hormone imbalance.