Thursday, November 10, 2011

GERMS!



Can we talk about germs for a second???

As a preschool teacher, I come in contact with germs a lot more than I would like. I couldn't tell you how many times I've wiped a runny nose, been coughed or sneezed on, or how much I wash my hands when I'm at work.

Sometimes, though, you're somewhere where soap and water aren't always available. That's where Prefense comes in! I can definitely remember several times that I was on the playground or leaving a child's home and wanted to wash my hands.Prefense prides itself in being "a unique, alcohol-free hand sanitizer that provides you and your family proactive security from germs that can make you sick." It is 100 % poison free, alcohol free and safe for kids. Like Prefense on Facebook here!



Prefense is available in many different sizes and types. I was sent a 1.5 fl oz pump style bottle for review which is said to contain 120 sprays.  The spray is silica based, and is supposed to smooth, soften and protect.  It has a light citrus scent, but not enough to be noticeable.

Upon applying the prefense to my hands, I like that it sprays out cleanly.   When I first rub it in, my hands always feel a tad waxy, but that seems to go away quickly once my hands are dry, leaving a smooth finish. My guess is that the silica is what protects your hands from the multiple washings, and knowing how chapped my hands can get, especially in the winter, I really like this feature!


I would definitely recommend Prefense to anyone but especially Moms, teachers and those in the medical field. Such a quick, inexpensive, healthy way to clean your hands when soap isn't readily available!



In fact, Prefense is now offering sanitizing wipes in their online store. I think this would be a great way to clean not only your hands but possibly toys/books that get sticky while you are out on the go! Follow Prefense on Twitter!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Journey towards Making a Family

Long Version : Our Journey Blog Post
Go here to learn about how we got our start..and where we are now!

Short Version:
11-28-2008- Started Dating

2-14-2010- Got Engaged :)

4-3-2010- First Positive Test- Baby 1 due 12/10/10

5-1-2010- Miscarriage at 8wks2days

12-10-2010- Estimated Due Date for Baby 1

5-5-2011- Second Positive Test- Baby 2 due 1-12-12
5-7-2011- We are Married!! :)
5-14-2011- Miscarriage at 5wks2days

6-16-2011- Repeated Pregnancy Loss blood work
6-23-2011- HSG looks good!
6-23-2011- dx positive ANA- Anti Nuclear Antibodies

07-05-2011- Rheumatologist Appointment
7-11-2011- dx Low Vitamin D levels. Start Prescription Vitamin D and baby aspirin

09/2011- Officially No Longer Preventing

10/5/11-First cycle Actively Trying. AF shows up

11/21/11-Celiac Bloodwork Negative, Vit D still lower than normal, start another prescription. Continue prenatals with Vit. D as well

01-12-12-Estimated Due Date for Baby 2
01/12-Vit D in normal range, start over the counter Daily Calcium with Vit D supplement per Rhuematologist.

2/15/12-Appt with new Ob who is more proactive with Progesterone Testing-suspects progesterone issues.

2/15/12- 5/9/12-Stop trying and start new charting method (Creighton) to watch for hormone imbalance.