Sunday, March 20, 2011

Welcoming Spring...I think? A tribute.

Wow, today is the first day of Spring. Thank goodness it's finally here.

Although, the weather does not look like it will cooperate the rest of the week. Snow and rain showers and quite low temperatures for us around here!  All while the last few days were sooo beautiful. And we wonder why we get sick!!! 

Today my fiance's grandmother and her daughters held a beautiful bridal luncheon in mine and Nick's honor. Basically just a way for the families to get together and spend time getting to know one another before the actual wedding day. It was very nice!!

We sat and talked and had appetizers of prosciutto wrapped asparagus spears and chilled shrimp with cocktail sauce. We also had mimosas! First mimosa I've ever had and it was wonderful :) After the appetizers we enjoyed a lunch of a ham and asparagus strata, I believe it's called. It was made with ham, Ciabatta bread, sharp cheddar cheese, milk, eggs and asparagus. We also had a beautiful fruit salad of  fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and black berries, served with a lemon yogurt. YUM!  I am not a huge fan of asparagus but still ate everything, it was so good! I was a happy girl!  I am waiting to receive pictures, taken by Kate. When I receive them, I will be sure to post a few.

Sitting there today, watching Nick's two grandmothers, with my surviving grandmother, made me so very happy that we could remember this day and everyone being together. But the entire time, my hand found itself clasping the delicate gold necklace around my neck. A necklace that was given to me by my Mom's Mom, who rightly so, I called Mom Mom.  She passed away shortly before I lost the baby last year, and our family is definitely different without her. She was SUCH  a life force in every function that was held. So strong, funny and now, a presence that is dearly missed!

My grandmother and I. She hated having her picture taken so it always warms my heart to think that she smiled for this picture with me. It was taken at my 21st birthday party, so about 4 years ago.

I miss you Mom Mom. It's just not the same without you. <3

2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely photo. I know just what you mean; there is always a grandparent who sticks out and mine too was my mum's mum. Family is so precious.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. Family is definitely precious!!

    ReplyDelete

Our Journey towards Making a Family

Long Version : Our Journey Blog Post
Go here to learn about how we got our start..and where we are now!

Short Version:
11-28-2008- Started Dating

2-14-2010- Got Engaged :)

4-3-2010- First Positive Test- Baby 1 due 12/10/10

5-1-2010- Miscarriage at 8wks2days

12-10-2010- Estimated Due Date for Baby 1

5-5-2011- Second Positive Test- Baby 2 due 1-12-12
5-7-2011- We are Married!! :)
5-14-2011- Miscarriage at 5wks2days

6-16-2011- Repeated Pregnancy Loss blood work
6-23-2011- HSG looks good!
6-23-2011- dx positive ANA- Anti Nuclear Antibodies

07-05-2011- Rheumatologist Appointment
7-11-2011- dx Low Vitamin D levels. Start Prescription Vitamin D and baby aspirin

09/2011- Officially No Longer Preventing

10/5/11-First cycle Actively Trying. AF shows up

11/21/11-Celiac Bloodwork Negative, Vit D still lower than normal, start another prescription. Continue prenatals with Vit. D as well

01-12-12-Estimated Due Date for Baby 2
01/12-Vit D in normal range, start over the counter Daily Calcium with Vit D supplement per Rhuematologist.

2/15/12-Appt with new Ob who is more proactive with Progesterone Testing-suspects progesterone issues.

2/15/12- 5/9/12-Stop trying and start new charting method (Creighton) to watch for hormone imbalance.